Monday, April 11, 2011

Original Sin Teaser #6

I'm on the volleyball court today. All day. Just like yesterday and the day before. The good news is the kids are playing great. (Currently #9 out of 124 teams.) Bad news: no time for entertaining you today. So, in today's teaser, we hear from Frannie, who's still struggling with her special ability, and Luc, who's struggling with everything else. Enjoy! =)

#OriginalSin p19 Frannie: I drop my face into my soapy hands and groan. “I suck at this. I don’t know what he thinks I’m supposed to be able to do, but I can’t even break up a sandbox scuffle over a pail and shovel.” I hate the tears seeping from my eyes into my hands. I hate everything right now. “I can’t do it. It doesn’t work.”
I don’t look at him as he turns me and presses me into the counter, his body hot against mine, his voice suddenly soft. “I’m sorry, Frannie. You know how hard this is for me…sorting all these feelings. Everything is going to work out.” He lifts my chin with his finger and wipes the suds off of my forehead with his hand. “It’ll all come together.” He quirks an eyebrow. “I’ll let you practice on me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment